This User Agreement ("Agreement") is a contract between you and Popote Payments Ltd, a Kenyan company, and applies to your use of the Popote Payments Services. You must agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
We may amend this Agreement at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. If the revised version includes a Substantial Change, we will provide you with 30 Days' prior notice by sending an email to the address on your profile and/ or posting the change on the website.
Consumer advisory - The Popote Payments payment service is regarded as a stored value facility under Kenya law. Popote Payments Ltd, the holder of the Popote Payments stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Central Bank of Kenya. Consumers (Users) are advised to read these terms and conditions carefully.
This is an important document which you must consider carefully when choosing whether to use the Popote Payments Services. Please note the following risks of using the Popote Payments Services:
We may close, suspend, or limit your access to your Account or the Popote Payments Services, and/or limit access to your funds if you violate this Agreement, the Popote Payments Acceptable Use Policy, or any other agreement you enter into with Popote Payments.
You are solely responsible for understanding and complying with any and all laws, rules and regulations of your specific jurisdiction that may be applicable to you in connection with your use of the Popote Payments Services, Including but not limited to, those related to export or import activity, taxes or foreign currency transactions.
This Agreement is not a solicitation of the Popote Payments Services and Popote Payments is not targeting any country or market through this Agreement.
Payment Services and Eligibility.
- Payment Services. Popote Payments is a payment services provider and acts as such by creating, hosting, maintaining and providing our Popote Payments Services to you via the Internet. Our services allow you to send payments to anyone with a Mobile phone
number, Buygoods till, Paybill number, bank account or email address. Popote Payments is not a remittance business or a money transfer service. We do not have any control over, and are not responsible or liable for, the products or services that are paid for
with our Service. Popote Payments is not a common carrier or public utility.
- Eligibility. To be eligible to use the Popote Payments Services, you must be at least 18 years old or of the age considered as an adult
in your jurisdiction. You must list your correct country of residence in your Account.
- Information. In order to open and maintain an Account, you must provide us with correct and updated Information
- Your contact information. It is your responsibility to keep your primary email address up to date so that Popote Payments can
communicate with you electronically. You understand and agree that if Popote Payments sends you an electronic Communication
but you do not receive it because your primary email address on file is incorrect, out of date, blocked by your service provider, or
you are otherwise unable to receive electronic Communications, Popote Payments will be deemed to have provided the
Communication to you. Please note that if you use a spam filter that blocks or re-routes emails from senders not listed in your email
address book, you must add Popote Payments to your email address book so that you will be able to receive the Communications
we send to you. You can update your primary email address or street address at any time by logging into the Popote Payments
website. If your email address becomes invalid such that electronic Communications sent to you by Popote Payments are returned,
Popote Payments may deem your Account to be inactive, and you will not be able to transact any activity using your Popote
Payments Account until we receive a valid, working primary email address from you
- Identity Verification. You authorize Popote Payments, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider
necessary to validate your identity. This may include asking you for further information or documentation, requiring you to provide
a taxpayer or national identification number, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your email address or financial
instruments, ordering a credit report or verifying your Information against third party databases or through other sources.
Credit Report Authorization. If you open a Business Account, you are providing Popote Payments with your written instructions
and authorization in accordance with any applicable law to obtain your personal and/or business credit report from a credit bureau.
You are also authorizing Popote Payments to obtain your personal and/or business credit report: (a) when you request certain new
products, or (b) at any time Popote Payments reasonably believes there may be an increased level of risk associated with your
The administrator who signs up for the account shall be regarded as the beneficial owner of the Account. In a business they must be
an executive director or a significant shareholder. Administrator may add other users and they too by extension shall be bound by
- Sending Limits. We may, at our discretion, impose limits on the amount of payments you can send through the Popote Payments
- Funding Methods. To make payment you must fund your Popote Payments Account through the methods provided for. In doing so
you warrant that the funds used are your own and are not proceeds from illegal activities
- Cards as Payment Methods. By adding a debit card, credit card or prepaid card as a Payment Method, you are providing Popote Payments with continuous authority to automatically charge that card to obtain the relevant funds when the card is used as a Payment Method pursuant to this Agreement. You can stop the continuous authority in respect of any card by removing that card as a Payment Method in your Account Profile.
- Refused and Refunded Payments. When you send a payment, the recipient is not required to accept it. Any unclaimed, refunded or
denied payment will be returned to your Popote account balance
- Popote Payments may amend the pricing model at anytime giving 7 days notice which will often be occasioned by a change in price from processors or suppliers.
- Balances. If you hold a balance, Popote Payments will hold your funds in pooled accounts separate from its corporate funds, and it will not use your funds for its operating expenses or for any other corporate purposes. Popote Payments will not voluntarily make your funds available to its creditors in the event of bankruptcy. You will not receive interest or other earnings on the amounts in your balance. Popote Payments may receive interest on amounts that Popote Payments holds on your behalf. You agree to assign your rights to Popote Payments for any interest derived from your funds.
- Set-off of Past Due Amounts. If you have a past due amount owed to a Popote Payments affiliate, subsidiary, or parent company, Popote Payments may debit your Account to pay any amounts that are more than 180 Days past due.
- Negative Balances. If your Account has a negative balance, Popote Payments may set-off the negative balance with any funds that
you subsequently add or receive into your Account
Interest on Balances.
- Interest. If you hold a balance, Popote Payments, at its sole discretion, may offer you an interest on it. The purpose of this benefit is to encourage you to always have funds in your account available for payments and therefore enable you make 100% of your payments via popote payments thus stopping your the use of cash, cheques and transfers and other traditional methods.
- The interest rate will only apply for balances of between the minimum and maximum amount, the terms all of which will be communicated to you via email at the time your account is allowed for this service. the terms shall require your acceptance.
- Interest earned will be for the sole purpose of off-setting your monthly Popote payments charges on your account. The interest earned therefore shall be capped at the same amount of charges incurred in the month. If the interest earned equals or exceeds your monthly popote payments charges, the invoice will be zero, effectively gaining you free usage of the Popote payments platform. In no instance will Popote payments Ltd pay the interest over and above the netted off amount of the charges.
- Interest shall be calculated based on an annual rate and calculated daily on your balance at midnight of each day. It shall be simple interest, calculated on the balance not including any prior interest earned.
Closing Your Account.
- How to Close Your Account. You may close your Account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon Account closure, we will cancel any pending transactions and you will forfeit any balances, unless otherwise legally prohibited. You must pay out your balance prior to closing your Account.
- Limitations on Closing Your Account. You may not evade an investigation by closing your Account. If you close your Account while
we are conducting an investigation, we may hold your funds to protect Popote Payments, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates or a
third party against risk and liability. You will remain liable for all obligations related to your Account even after the Account is
Errors and Unauthorized Transactions.
- Protection for Unauthorized Transactions and Errors. When an Unauthorized Transaction or an Error occurs in your Account, Popote
Payments will cover you for the full amount of every eligible Unauthorized Transaction or Error so long as you follow the procedures
discussed below. An Unauthorized Transaction occurs when a payment is sent from your Account that you did not authorize and that did not
benefit you. For example, if someone steals your password, uses the password to access your Account, and sends a payment from your
Account, an Unauthorized Transaction has occurred. If you give someone access to your Account (by giving them your login information) and
they conduct transactions without your knowledge or permission, you are responsible for any resulting use
- Notification Requirements.
- You should immediately notify Popote Payments if you believe:
To be eligible for protection for Unauthorized Transactions, you must notify us within 30 Days after any Unauthorized Transaction first
appears in your Account history statement. We will extend the 60 Day time period if a good reason, such as a hospital stay, kept you from
notifying us within 60 Days.
You should regularly log into your Account and review your main statement to ensure that there has not been an Unauthorized Transac
tion or Error. Popote Payments will also send an SMS which you may opt out of to the primary mobile number you have provided in order
to notify you of each transaction from your Account. You should also review these transaction confirmations to ensure that each transaction was authorized and is accurate.
For Unauthorized Transactions or Errors in your Account, notify us on email at email@example.com.When you notify us, provide us with all of the following information:
- there has been an Unauthorized Transaction or unauthorized access to your Account;
- there is an Error in your Account history statement (you can access your Account history by logging into your Account and clicking on a
link to "main statement"
- your password or Popote Payments Mobile PIN has been compromised;
- you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement or transaction confirmation.
Popote Payments Actions after Receipt of Your Notification. Once you notify us of any suspected Unauthorized Transaction or Error, or we
otherwise learn of one, we will do the following:
- Your name and email address registered to your Account;
- A description of any suspected Unauthorized Transaction or Error and an explanation as to why you believe it is Incorrect or why you
need more information to identify the transaction; and
- The amount of any suspected Unauthorized Transaction or Error
During the course of our investigation, we may request additional information from you.
Popote Payments Errors. We will rectify any Error that we discover. If the Error results in your receipt of less than the correct amount to
which you are entitled, Popote Payments will credit your Account for the difference. If the Error results in your receipt of more than the
correct amount to which you are entitled, Popote Payments will debit the extra funds from your Account.
Your Errors. If you erroneously send a payment to the wrong party, or send a payment for the wrong amount (based on a typographical error,
for example), your only recourse will be to contact the party to whom you sent the payment and ask them to refund the payment. Popote
Payments will not reimburse you or reverse a payment that you have made in error.
- We will conduct an investigation to determine whether there has been an Unauthorized Transaction or Error that is eligible for protection.
- We will complete our investigation within 10 Business Days of the date we received your notification of the suspected Unauthorized Transactions or Error.
- If we decide that we need more time to complete our investigation, we will provisionally credit your Account for the amount of the suspected Unauthorized Transaction or Error. You will receive the provisional credit within 15 Business Days of the date we received your notice.
- We will inform you of our decision within 3 Business Days after completing our investigation
If we determine that there was an Unauthorized Transaction or Error, we will promptly credit the full amount into your Account within 1
Business Day of our determination. Or, if you have already received a provisional credit, you will be allowed to retain those amounts.
If we decide that there was not an Unauthorized Transaction or Error, we will Include an explanation of our decision in our email to you. If you
received a provisional credit, we will remove it from your Account and notify you of the date and amount of the debit. You may request copies
of the documents that we used in our investigation.
- Restricted Activities. In connection with your use of our website, your Account, the Popote Payments Services, or in the course of your inter
actions with Popote Payments, other Users, or third parties, you will not:
- Breach this Agreement or any other Policy that you have agreed to with Popote Payments;
- Violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation;
- Infringe Popote Payments's or any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
- Act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libelous, threatening or harassing;
- Provide false, inaccurate or misleading Information;
- Engage in potentially fraudulent or suspicious activity and/or transactions;
- Refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any Information you provide to us;
- Control an Account that is linked to another Account that has engaged in any of these Restricted Activities;
- Conduct your business or use the Popote Payments Services in a manner that results in or may result in complaints, Disputes, Claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability to Popote Payments, other Users, third parties or you;
- Have a credit score from a credit reporting agency that indicates a high level of risk associated with your use of the Popote Payments Services;
- Allow your Account to have a negative balance;
- Disclose or distribute another User's Information to a third party, or use the Information for marketing purposes unless you receive the User's express consent to do so;
- Send unsolicited email to a User or use the Popote Payments Services to collect payments for sending, or assisting in sending, unsolicited email to third parties;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Facilitate any viruses, trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, sur reptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or Information;
- Use an anonymizing proxy; use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our website without our
prior written permission;
- Use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers, or interfere or attempt to interfere with our website or the
Popote Payments Services; or
- Take any action that may cause us to lose any of the services from our Internet service providers, payment processors, or other suppliers.
Your Liability - Actions We May Take.
- General. You are responsible for all Claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by Popote Payments, a User, or a third party
caused by or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, and/or your use of the Popote Payments Services. You agree to reimburse Popote
Payments, a User, or a third party for any and all such liability.
- Reimbursement for Your Liability. In the event that you are liable for any amounts owed to Popote Payments, Popote Payments may
immediately remove such amounts from your balance. If you do not have a balance that is sufficient to cover your liability, your remaining
balance (if any) will be removed, your Account will have negative balance up to the amount of your liability, and you will be required to
immediately Add Funds to your Balance or reimburse Popote Payments through an alternative method. If you do not do so, Popote Payments
may engage in collection efforts to recover such amounts from you.
Actions by Popote Payments – Restricted Activities. If Popote Payments, in its sole discretion, believes that you may have engaged in any
Restricted Activities, we may take various actions to protect Popote Payments, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, other Users, other third
parties or you from claims, fees, fines, penalties and any other liability. The actions we may take Include but are not limited to the following:
- We may close, suspend, or limit your access to your Account or the Popote Payments Services;
- We may refuse to provide the Popote Payments Services to you now and in the future; and
- We may hold your funds for a period of time reasonably needed to protect against the risk of liability to Popote Payments or a third party,
or if we believe that you may be engaging in potentially fraudulent or suspicious activity and/or transactions.
- Actions by Popote Payments - Holds.
- Risk-Based Holds. Popote Payments, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on any or all of your Account balance funds or payments in progress when Popote Payments believes there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your Account, or any or all of your transactions. Popote Payments's
determination may be based on different factors and Popote Payments may rely on information it receives from third parties. If Popote
Payments places a hold on a payment, the funds will appear in your "pending balance" and the payment status will indicate the hold, for
example it can show as "Completed - Funds not yet available." If Popote Payments places a hold on any or all of the payments you receive,
Popote Payments will provide you with notice of our actions. Popote Payments will release the hold on any payment after 30 Days from the
date the payment was received into your Account unless Popote Payments has a reason to continue to hold the payment such as (a) the
receipt of a Dispute or Claim (b) Popote Payments believes that you have violated the terms of this Agreement or any other Policy and that
such a violation results in the need to continue holding the funds, or (c) Popote Payments believes that you may be engaging in potentially
fraudulent or suspicious activity and/or transactions. In such an event, Popote Payments may continue holding the payment in your
Account until the matter is resolved pursuant to this Agreement. Popote Payments, in its sole discretion, may release the hold earlier under
certain circumstances, for example when you upload tracking information of the item you shipped.
- Actions by Popote Payments - Account Closure, Termination of Service, Limited Account Access; Confidential Criteria. Popote Payments,
in its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and/or access to the Popote Payments Services for any reason and at
any time upon notice and payment to you of any unrestricted funds held in your balance. If we limit access to your Account, Including
through a Reserve or hold, we will provide you with notice of our actions, and the opportunity to request restoration of access if, in our sole
discretion, we deem it appropriate. Further, you acknowledge that Popote Payments's decision to take certain actions, Including limiting
access to your Account, placing holds or imposing Reserves, may be based on confidential criteria that is essential to our management of
risk, the security of Users' Accounts and the Popote Payments system. You agree that Popote Payments is under no obligation to disclose
the details of its risk management or its security procedures to you.
Disputes with Popote Payments.
- Contact Popote Payments First. If a dispute arises between you and Popote Payments, our goal is to learn about and address your concerns
and, if we are unable to do so to your satisfaction, to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly.
Disputes between you and Popote Payments regarding the Popote Payments Services may be reported to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arbitration. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than
Kshs 100,000.00 (or other currencies equivalents), the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner
through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. If a party elects arbitration, that party will initiate such arbitration through the Kenya
Institute of Arbitraters or any other established alternative dispute resolution ("ADR") provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The
ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be
solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not
involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the
award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Law and Forum for Disputes. Except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in Section 8.2 above, you agree that any claim or
dispute you may have against Popote Payments must be resolved by a court located in Kenya or where the defendant is located. You agree to
submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Kenya for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes. This Agreement
shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Kenya as such laws are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely
within Kenya, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- Improperly Filed Litigation. All claims you bring against Popote Payments must be resolved in accordance with Section 8 of this Agreement.
All claims filed or brought contrary to Section 8 shall be considered improperly filed and a breach of this Agreement. Should you file a claim
contrary to Section 8, Popote Payments may recover attorneys' fees and costs (Including in-house attorneys and paralegals) up to Kshs
100,000, provided that Popote Payments has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly withdraw
- Notices to You. You agree that Popote Payments may provide you Communications about your Account and the Popote Payments Services
electronically. Popote Payments reserves the right to close your Account if you withdraw your consent to receive electronic
Communications. Any electronic Communications will be considered to be received by you within 24 hours of the time we post it to our web
site or email it to you. Any notice sent to you by postal mail will be considered to be received by you 3 Business Days after we send it.
- Notices to Popote Payments. Except as otherwise stated above in Section 8 (Errors and Unauthorized Transactions) and Section 8.1, notice to
Popote Payments must be sent by registered postal mail to: Popote Payments Ltd, Attention: Legal Department, P.O Box 25929-00100,
- Insolvency Proceedings. If any proceeding by or against you is commenced under any provision of any bankruptcy or insolvency law, Popote
Payments will be entitled to recover all reasonable costs or expenses (Including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) incurred in
connection with the enforcement of this Agreement.
- Release of Popote Payments. If you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release Popote Payments, its parent, subsidiaries and
affiliates (and their officers, directors, agents, joint ventures, employees and suppliers) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual
and consequential) of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- limitations of liability. In no event shall we, subsidiaries and affiliates, our officers, directors, agents, joint ventures, employees or suppliers be
liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our website, the popote
payments services, or this agreement (however arising, including negligence). Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of
incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Our liability, our parent, subsidiaries and
affiliates, our officers, directors, agents, joint ventures, employees and suppliers, to you or any third parties in any circumstance is limited to
the actual amount of direct damages.
- services limitation. Popote payments is not a bank and the popote payments services are payment processing services rather than banking
services. Popote payments is not acting as a trustee, fiduciary or escrow with respect to your funds, but is acting only as an agent and
custodian. Popote payments does not have control of, nor liability for, the products or services that are paid for with the popote payments
- no warranty. The popote payments services are provided "as is" and without any representation of warranty, whether express, implied or
statutory. Popote payments, subsidiaries and affiliates, our officers, directors, agents, joint ventures, employees and our suppliers specifically
disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Popote payments does not
have any control over the products or services that are paid for with the popote payments services. Popote payments does not guarantee
continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to any part of the popote payments services, and operation of our site may be temporarily
suspended for maintenance or upgrade or interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Popote payments will make
reasonable efforts to ensure that requests for electronic debits and credits involving bank accounts are processed in a timely manner but
popote payments makes no representations or warranties regarding the amount of time needed to complete processing because the popote
payments services are dependent upon many factors outside of our control, such as delays in the banking system or mobile networks
infrastucture. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you. This
paragraph gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights that vary from country to country.
- indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold popote payments, subsidiaries, affiliates and our officers, directors, agents, joint
ventures, employees and suppliers harmless from any claim, demand (including attorneys' fees), fine, or other liability incurred by any third
party due to or arising out of your or your employees' or agents' breach of this agreement and/or use of the popote payments services.
- license grant. If you are using popote payments software such as an api, developer's toolkit or other software application that you have
downloaded to your computer, device, or other platform, then popote payments grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable
license to use popote payments's software in accordance with the documentation. This license grant includes the software and all updates,
upgrades, new versions and replacement software for your personal use only. You may not rent, lease or otherwise transfer your rights in the
software to a third party. You must comply with the implementation and use requirements contained in all popote payments documentation
accompanying the popote payments services. If you do not comply with popote payments's implementation and use requirements you will be
liable for all resulting damages suffered by you, popote payments and third parties. Popote payments may change or discontinue any apis
upon notice to you. You agree not to alter, reproduce, adapt, distribute, display, publish, reverse engineer, translate, disassemble, decompile
or otherwise attempt to create any source code which is derived from the software. You acknowledge that all rights, title and interest to
popote payments's software are owned by popote payments. Any third party software application you use on the popote payments website
is subject to the license you agreed to with the third party that provides you with this software. Popote payments does not own, control nor
have any responsibility or liability for any third party software application you elect to use on the popote payments website and/or in
connection with the popote payments services. If you are using the popote payments services on the popote payments website, or other
website or platform hosted by popote payments, or a third party, and are not downloading popote payments's software or using third party
software applications on the popote payments website, then this section does not apply to your use of the hosted popote payments services.
- license grant from you to popote payments; ip warranties. Subject to section 9.7, when providing popote payments with content or posting
content using popote payments services, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, and
sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, database rights and intellectual property
rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future. Further, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you
waive your moral rights and promise not to assert such rights against popote payments, its sublicensees or its assignees. You represent and
warrant that none of the following infringe any intellectual property or publicity right: your provision of content to popote payments, your
posting of content using the popote payments services, and popote payments's use of such content (including of works derived from it) in
connection with the popote payments services.
- license grant from merchants to popote payments. Section 9.6 notwithstanding, if you are a merchant using popote payments services, you
hereby grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), and royalty-free right to use and display
publicly, during the term of this agreement, your trademark(s) (including but not limited to registered and unregistered trademarks, trade
names, service marks, logos, domain names and other designations owned, licensed to or used by you) for the purpose of (1) identifying you
as a merchant that accepts a popote payments service as a payment form, and (2) any other use to which you specifically consent.
- intellectual property. "popote.com," "popote.co.ke", "popotepayments.com," "popotepayments.co.ke", "popotepay.com.", "popotepay.co.ke",
and all other urls, logos and trademarks related to the popote payments services are either trademarks or registered trademarks of popote
payments or its licensors. You may not copy, imitate or use them without popote payments prior written consent. In addition, all page
headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of popote payments. You may not copy,
imitate, or use them without our prior written consent. You may use html logos provided by popote payments through our merchant services,
auction tools features or affiliate programs without prior written consent for the purpose of directing web traffic to the popote payments
services. You may not alter, modify or change these html logos in any way, use them in a manner that is disparaging to popote payments or the
popote payments services or display them in any manner that implies popote payments sponsorship or endorsement. All right, title and
interest in and to the popote payments website, any content thereon, the popote payments services, the technology related to the popote
payments services, and any and all technology and any content created or derived from any of the foregoing is the exclusive property of
popote payments and its licensors.
- calls to you; mobile telephone numbers. By providing popote payments a telephone number (including a mobile telephone number), you
consent to receiving calls, including autodialed and prerecorded messages from popote payments at that number. If we determine that a
telephone number you have provided to us is a mobile telephone number, we may categorize it as such in our systems and in your account
profile, and you consent to receive text messages from us about your use of the popote payments services at that number.
- marketing. If you receive information about another user through the popote payments services, you must keep the information
confidential and only use it in connection with the popote payments services. You may not disclose or distribute a user's information to a
third party or use the information for marketing purposes unless you receive the user's express consent to do so.
- password security. You are responsible for maintaining adequate security and control of any and all ids, passwords, personal identification
numbers (pins), or any other codes that you use to access the popote payments services.
- taxes. It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the payments you make or receive, and it is your responsibility to
collect, report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. Popote payments is not responsible for determining whether taxes
apply to your transaction, or for collecting, reporting or remitting any taxes arising from any transaction. please be advised that you may be
subject to withholding taxes or other tax liabilities with respect to importing services from a foreign entity. In addition, you may be subject to
vat, sales tax, ltdome tax, or other tax liabilities as a seller of goods or services. It is your responsibility to check with your local tax advisor to
determine which taxes apply to you, and it is your responsibility to pay such taxes to the appropriate tax authority. All fees related to the
popote payments services are made free and clear of, and without any deduction or withholding for and on account of, any taxes, duties or
other deductions. Any such deduction or withholding, if required by the laws of any country are your sole responsibility.
- Complete Agreement and Survival. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding between you and Popote Payments with respect to
the Popote Payments Services. All sections as well as any other terms which by their nature should survive, will survive the termination of
this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining
provisions shall be enforced.
- Assignment. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this Agreement without Popote Payments's prior
written consent. Popote Payments reserves the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at
- Translated Agreement. Any translation of this Agreement is provided solely for your convenience and is not intended to modify the terms of
this Agreement. In the event of a conflict between the English version of this Agreement and a version in a language other than English, the
English version shall apply.
- No Waiver. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar
- Assumption of Rights. If Popote Payments pays out a Claim that you file against a recipient of your payment, you agree that Popote
Payments assumes your rights against the recipient and third parties related to the payment, and may pursue those rights directly or on your
behalf, in Popote Payments's discretion.
- "Account" or "Popote Payments Account" means a Personal, Premier or Business Popote Payments Account.
- "Account Profile" means the location on our website where you can, after logging in, view and manage your profile including your personal
- "Add Funds" or "Top Up" means your ability to transfer money from any source to your Popote Payments Account.
- "Automatic Transfer" means a withdrawal of your Account balance that is initiated by Popote Payments.
- "Business Account" means an Account used primarily for business purposes and not for personal, family, or household purposes.
- "Business Days" means Monday through Friday, excluding the official national holidays recognized in Kenya.
- "Claim" means a challenge to a payment that a User files directly with Popote Payments
- "Commercial Entity Agreement" means the agreement that commercial entities are required to enter into directly with Popote Payments's
- "Communications" means any Account or transaction information that Popote Payments provides to you, Including: any Policies you agree
to, Including updates to these Policies; annual disclosure; transaction receipts or confirmations; Account statements and history; and tax
statements we are required to make available to you.
- "Customer Service" is Popote Payments's customer support whose details shall be displayed on the website.
- "Days" means calendar days.
- "Dispute" means a dispute filed by a User directly with Popote Payments
- "Error" means a processing error made by Popote Payments or its suppliers in which your Account is mistakenly debited or credited.
- "Information" means any Account information that you provide to us, Including but not limited to personal information, financial
information, or other information related to you or your business.
- "Bulk Payments" means the ability to send multiple payments at the same time.
- "Popote Payments," "we," "us" or "our" means Popote Payments Ltd.
- "Popote Payments Services" means all our products and services and any other features, technologies and/or functionalities offered by us
on our website or through any other means.
- "Personal Payment" means a payment to a friend or a family member for goods and/or services such as your share of the rent or a dinner bill.
- "Policy" or "Policies" means any Policy or other agreement between you and Popote Payments that you entered into on the Popote
Payments website, or in connection with your use of the Popote Payments Services.
- "Business Account" means an Account used for business purposes
- "Personal Account" means an account for personal, family, or household purposes.
- "Substantial Change" means a change to the terms of this Agreement that reduces your rights or increases your responsibilities.
- The Services are offered by Popote Payments Ltd, located at 2nd Floor, Block A, Magharibi Place, Mai Mahiu Rd, Off Langata Rd, Nairobi
West, Nairobi, Kenya.